Applying for Australian Student Visa with the help of Australian Corporate Training Centre is the key to unlock your door for a brighter future.
WHY I NEED TO HAVE STUDENT VISA?
Student visa is required in Australia if a student would like to study course for more than 3 months and would like to work while studying.
WHAT ARE THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF A STUDENT VISA HOLDER?
Student visa is the most common type of visa if your main goal is to come to Australia to study.
There are several conditions of Student Visa, and they may vary, but the main ones are:
- You can work up to 20 hours per week while school is in session and unlimited working hours during a recognised school vacations.
- You cannot start working until after your course has begun.
- You must maintain satisfactory attendance and academic progress in the course as required by your school.
- You must fulfil all of the requirements of the study program in which you are enrolled.
- You must have Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) during your stay in Australia.
- Dependents such as your partner or children can be included under your visa. Your dependent partner can study up to 3 months and can work 20 hours per week. While children of school age (from 5 years old onward) are mandated to continue their studies. Please be reminded that you need to provide a proof of your relationship with the dependents you wish to include in your visa.
LENGTH OF STAY IN AUSTRALIA UNDER STUDENT VISA
The length of your stay in Australia is based on the course you intend to study. The maximum length of your stay under a Student Visa will generally not exceed five years. During the commencement of your course you must have good attendance and achieve satisfactory progress in your course.
APPLYING FOR A STUDENT VISA
- Decide on what course and an institution you are going to study
- Check the entry requirements for your course and visa. Your application for student visa is depends on your nationality, type of course, and which school you are applying for.
- Apply to school in Australia either direct to the education provider or through an Australian education agent. As a student you need to be enrolled for a full time course.
- Receive and accept your letter of offer.
- Receive your confirmation of enrollment.
- Apply for your student visa.